Saturday, November 6, 2010

All Grown Up

Wow. I haven't written since March. I am very very sorry. In my defense though, I have been way mega out of control busy. Busier than I can even describe. So busy, in fact, that Joey and I are thinking about hiring a cleaning lady. Can you even imagine a couple frugal fannies like us hiring a cleaning lady?! You guys, we need it so desperately. My house is a disaster! It doesn't help that Addie Marie is a little Tasmanian devil! She will leave a room and we have to do a double check that it wasn't a TORNADO! She is crazy.. and I mean that in the most positive, loving, sweetest way possible. She has more energy than I could ever dream of having, she climbs, stands and pushes anything and everything she can get her tiny adorable hands on.... She is a tiny tornado. And, everyone, this tiny tornado is the greatest blessing Jesus has ever given me. She is so funny. She is stubborn, but so sweet. I am so in love. It is just crazy to believe that she is mine- Thank you Jesus!

Addie Marie is going to be turning one on Tuesday. Can you believe it?! It feels like I just found out I was pregnant with her... and now she is turning one! I am so excited for her birthday party (even though I have SO MUCH TO DO before Sunday!). I know she is going to tear up her cake! This sweet baby girl loves sweets. She doesn't get them too often, but sometimes I let her have bites of ice cream and she goes crazy! She also started walking a little before she turned 11 months. She is a pro now! She nearly runs. I can tell she wants to run, she just isn't quite there. This baby is always on the go! I was excited that she started walking so early because I knew she would be a pro by her birthday party... and she is. I don't mean to toot her horn too much, but TOOT TOOT! HaHa. With this upcoming birthday comes the end to breastfeeding. I made it a whole year without formula, just breast milk! Whoo hoo! And, I absolutely loved it. Addie loved it. It was an amazing experience and I am so glad that everything worked out! I was so worried that Addie wouldn't want to stop.. she loved the boob... but that girl loves people food too. She did such a good job weaning herself. I think I just need to wean myself now. :/ It is just so weird to know that she doesn't need me anymore. I mean, I know she still needs me... but she doesn't need me. You know? I get anxious just talking about this. Yikes. Is there a breast feeders anonymous group? Maybe I should join. Hi, I'm MaryBeth and I'm addicted to breastfeeding. ;)

Side note: Have any of you breastfed for a year and then when your periods resumed.. where they abnormal? I JUST started mine a month ago and am wondering if I should expect to have super long cycles. I'm not used to going into day 33 with no period (especially when I know I ovulated on day 14-16). Any suggestions or comments would be welcomed! Thanks!

I will try and upload pics really soon, I don't have any pics on the computer Im using right now. Sorry.

1 comment:

KatieMo said...

Happy Birthday Addie!! I'm so glad for you, MB. I know what a special blessing she is for you. Enjoy the special day!!!