Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Better

I have now been a mommy for 4 months. I always knew that I would love being a mom... and I was right. I feel like my life is better as a mommy. My heart is fuller and my smile is a bit brighter because of Addie. She is absolutely everything I prayed for! I still feel like my love grows deeper everyday! I am borderline obsessive about her. I kiss her probably 200 times a day and tell her I love her just as much. When I have to work I will cuddle with her all day. I just give her the boobie buffet so that I can rest for a little bit. Side note: the boobie buffet naps are going to stop once I start weekend option- I really need to get her back to her good nap schedule. When she got sick a month ago her nap schedule got all messed up and since I have returned to work I haven't had the patience or time to fix it.
It is wonderful being Addie's mommy and I hope that I feel this much happiness with my future babies. I feel pretty strongly that my future pregnancies won't be nearly as much fun as Addie's was. All the feelings that I had during my pregnancy with Addie were so brand new. My only true worry was that Addie wouldn't be healthy and I was somewhat worried about the changes that would be coming to Joey and I's relationship. But, man I sure loved being pregnant! I worry that with my next pregnancy I will be so worried about how Addie will do that I won't enjoy it as much... I guess I will just have to make sure that that doesn't happen. ;) Right now I am just enjoying watching Addie get bigger and reach new milestones (more about that in a future blog entry).
Here is a list of everything that I loved about pregnancy:
*Watching my belly get bigger every week
*Being able to feel Addie kick- I could be sitting at work and she would just be kicking away. No one else would know that I had this adorable little life kicking the crap out of my uterus- and I loved it!
*Reading about my babies development every week.. and sometimes reading the next weeks development because I would get so excited.
*Talking to people about the baby I was growing. I loved it when people would ask me questions regarding my pregnancy. i.e. How far along I was, Boy or Girl, How I was feeling...
*Knowing that no matter where I went.. Addie was always with me.
*I loved having this amazing baby growing in my belly... but since she wasn't outside of my body, I could sleep whenever I wanted. LOL

I could pretty much continue this list forever. I loved every single moment of growing Addie... and I am enjoying every single moment of raising her.

1 comment:

myhouseof6 said...

your next pregnancy will be just as much fun. it will be more relaxed and the excitement of knowing what is to come makes it better. it just never gets old, or boring, amazing every time.