Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Addies Beautiful Cousin




I became the proud aunt, and Addie became the proud cousin of Mahayla Sue Goodwillie on Friday (March 5th). She weighed 7lbs 4oz and was 19.5 inches long. She is absolutely perfect! Becky (my older sister) had a c-section because Haley (that's what we call her for short) was breech...well we thought at least. They last checked the Friday before and Haley was still head up, butt down. The nurse and doctor didn't check before the section because... they didn't think it was necessary. But then once Dr.Adams (yep, he is her doctor too...he is just great!) cut her open, he found Haley head down.

I feel like this is a good place to mention that Haley is going to be sassy! She caused Becky so much trouble when she was pregnant! Haley was known to stop moving for a little bit just to cause Becky some worry. Then starting around 32 weeks Becky started having contractions that she ended up having to go to the hospital for. She would get a few doses of Terbutaline and head home.. and then they ended up giving her some pills to start taking for the contractions. Then when we found out that this little sas-a-frass was breech.. just icing on the cake. And then to find out that she flipped at the last possible minute- are you kidding me! HaHa! But I'm sure Becky forgot about all the trouble Haley caused the minute she held her. :)

She is absolutely adorable! I am soo excited that Becky and I had our girls so close together! I feel like this was Gods way of bringing Becky and I close again. It has been really nice to share pregnancy and motherhood with my sister. She was always the person that I looked up to when I was little- I would always want to hang out with her and her friends, do what she would do and dress like she would dress (Becky was always the better dresser). We are really excited about taking the girls photos together and dressing them alike. I can tell that this is going to be SO MUCH FUN! Addie is already so cute around her. She will just look at her, she is so curious. She also wants to eat every time that Haley eats. Which P.S. Haley is already a boobie baby- Addie must have told her how awesome the boob is. haha.

No comments: