Friday, January 29, 2010

Bath Time Fun!





My new favorite part of the day is bath time! Addie used to HATE it! The first pictures are from Adriannas first bath at home. I knew she wasn't going to be a fan because the nurses would tell me how much she hated it at the hospital (they had to give her one a couple times because diapers didn't like to stay on her tiny tushy). At first she didn't mind so much but then she was quick to notify us of her displeasure. Because of her hate of baths at the beginning we used to only give her one every other day. I would try and make her baths as comfortable as possible, but would always be super careful about how warm her bathwater was. At my baby shower I received like 3 of those duck thermometers for the bathtub, so I was aware that babies shouldn't have too hot of water. I would always give Addie her bath in our sink, I could fill the water up high enough to keep her warm and wouldn't waste too much water by using our big bathtub. So... around 5 weeks I was giving Addie a bath and at the end of her bath I always spray her off to make sure that all the soap is off. She was crying (like usual) and I started to spray her off with the warm water and then all of a sudden the water starts to get really warm, I was just about to try and make it colder... and Addie stops crying. Yep, Addie is definitely like her momma- she loves hot water (of course nothing too hot... but pretty warm). After that I discovered that as long as I make her baths with nice warm warm water- she loves it. I started to give her nightly baths at about 6 weeks since she was so much fun during bathtime! I started to throw her in the bath with me too- then she REALLY loved her baths. She will just lounge in the bath, kicking and talking. I love it!! It is so nice to spend the quality time together and we both get to relax! So here is some pics of our bath time together. I always put a washcloth on her head to keep her head warm. She seems to like it.. so I keep doing it. I know it looks silly (I think it looks cute!).







With all the bath talk.. I must also tell you that we have had one accident. I decided to give Addie a bath in the middle of the day because she was cranky and acted like she didn't feel well. So we are in the bath and she toots.. and that's alright- no harm there. Then I hear a rumble and the water starts turning yellow- YIKES! So I quickly scoop her up and am standing in this yellow yucky water. That day Addie took her first shower. LOL. The shower went well and I cleaned up the bath tub right after our shower. Even with the accident, I am not afraid to take our nightly bath. Our nightly baths are so much fun!

No comments: